Cooking Thanksgiving dinner stressing you out? Why not cater all or part of the meal with the help of these Butterball elves who can provide everything from appetizer platters to a family meal for four with all the fixin’s…or more. One of my favorite tricks is to pick up sushi or Chinese spareribs and eggrolls for appetizers to serve at home or bring to a potluck meal.
As for dessert, check out these sweet treats from some of our favorite local bakers as well as these local markets and grocers. Be sure to order in advance and pick up before Thanksgiving Day.
- For cakes, bread and savory sweets, pick up your wine and desserts at Trader Joe’s, who also can purvey sweet and sour meatballs, shrimp and cocktail sauce and other apps and side dishes.
- For pies, we adore Village Inn Largo Village Inn - Seminole and The Pie Factory.
- Best cupcakes can be found at Sway-rey and Wandering Whisk, who also can bake you a custom cake or cookies.
- Check out A Friend Who Bakes in Gulfport for a taste of home baking as well as Valhalla Bakery, Frida's Cafe and Bakery, William Dean Chocolates, Beans & Barlour, Le Macron, Kilwin's and most of the farmers' markets, especially the Saturday Market in downtown St. Pete.
- And who doesn’t love Publix cookies with frosting or their pumpkin pie? (Remember, Publix is closed Thanksgiving Day so order ahead and pick up all your appetizers, meals to go and desserts.)
This year, turn on the Macy’s Day Parade with a Bloody Mary and leave the Thanksgiving Day meal to the professionals.* In addition to these restaurants and grocers, consider ordering your feast-to-go, apps, sides and desserts from Lucky Market, FarmTable Cucina, Fresh Market, Rolling Oats, Nature’s Patch, Bayou Market & Cafe and more.
In addition to being open Thanksgiving Day, order the Premium Farmhouse Feast to go serving 8-10 and includes • Slow-Roasted Turkey & Hickory-Smoked Ham • Corn • Bread & Celery Dressing • Mashed Potatoes with Gravy • Rolls • Green Beans with Ham • Cranberry Relish • Macaroni & Cheese • Pumpkin Bread* • Pumpkin Pie* • Double-Crust Apple Pie. There are a variety of options, including a la carte.
Whether you’re serving 4 or 12, order your feast-to-go here with 3 options as well as turkey or ham a la carte and sides such as Mashed Potatoes Gravy Sweet Corn Vegetable Stuffing Creamed Spinach Sweet Potato Casserole Mac & Cheese
- The Complete Combo Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast & Half Boneless Honey-Glazed Ham Meal • 1 Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast • 1 Half Boneless Honey-Glazed Ham • 1 Spinach Artichoke Dip & Crackers • 2 Mashed Potatoes • 2 Gravy • 2 Vegetable Stuffing • 2 Cranberry Walnut Relish (12 oz ea) • 12 Dinner Rolls • 1 Apple Pie • 1 Pumpkin Pie
- The Complete Spiral-Sliced Ham Meal • 1 Spiral-Sliced Ham • 1 Spinach Artichoke Dip & Crackers • 2 Sweet Potato Casserole • 2 Mashed Potatoes • 1 Gravy • 1 Cinnamon Apples • 12 Dinner Rolls • 1 Apple Pie • 1 Pumpkin Pie
- The Essential Turkey Meal • 1 Whole Roasted Turkey • 2 Mashed Potatoes • 2 Gravy • 2 Vegetable Stuffing • 12 Dinner Rolls
Dine-in or out with a ready-to-go feast you can heat and serve. From your oven to table in 2 hours or less that serves up to 10 including 2 Oven-Roasted Turkey Breasts, Cornbread Dressing, Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Relish, choice of 3 Country Sides, Sweet Yeast Rolls, Pumpkin Pie, and Pecan Pie
So many delicious and organic choices from man dish to sides including the natural and organic turkeys pre-roasted or vegan holiday roast, butternut squash and apple soup, rosemary roasted garlic green beans, cheeses, charcuteries, olives, wines and more. You can order a complete dinner, just the sides and desserts, even vegan or gluten-free.
My Italian mother-in-law always had a pot of sauce, lasagna and meatballs on the stove to accompany the traditional Thanksgiving feast. Pick up your wine, cheese, charcuterie, pre-prepared dishes here, as well as traditional Thanksgiving fixings and sides. Their Large Thanksgiving Package includes one large turkey, 2 quarts of gravy, 1 dressing, 2 side dishes, 2 dozen soft rolls and 2 choices of pie. For just hors’ d’oeuvres, skip the Doritos and dip and go for a tray of artichoke and parmesan puff pastry, bacon-wrapped scallop skewers, shrimp/fontina cucumber boats or crabmeat stuffed mushrooms.
Just order online 48 hours in advance, or call the store if you need it sooner, and you'll be all set with a 16-to-18-lb. Butterball Fully Cooked Turkey, 5 lb. of dressing, 5 lb. of mashed potatoes, 64 oz. of Publix gravy, 56 oz. of Marshmallow Delight and 32 oz. of cranberry-orange relish.
In addition to Thanksgiving meals to go in advance, stock up on cheeses and charcuterie (from olives to salami) as well as their delectable catering sides that serve 20 ( Green Beans With Garlic Confit, Kale, Brussels Sprouts & Almonds Salad, Black Truffled Macaroni & Cheese and arugula caprese salad).
Open Thanksgiving Day (limited hours), you can order your Thanksgiving meal to go in advance. We especially like their dessert and cheese platters, Pinwheel Platter for football games (Roast beef, black forest ham, oven-roasted turkey, cheddar, Swiss, provolone, blue cheese dressing, white, wheat, green wraps, mustard, mayo, leaf lettuce) and as sides, baked beans, mac n cheese or shrimp and crab snow legs.
*Order your meal and desserts in advance! Menu items subject to change and availability.
Entertaining out of town guests? Book a room at one of these beautiful boutique hotels in St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Looking for other things to do in Pinellas County during your vacation here? Register on 727area to find all of the local spots and events while you're here!
Cover photo from Unsplash